Skip to main content

The gym battle

On Thursday, I rolled out of bed still feeling a little sore from my workouts. I had a fleeting thought of "Do I really need to go to the gym today?", but I went anyway. Usually, when I pull in, the parking lot is packed, but I think a lot of people must have lost the "Do I skip the gym today battle?" because it was almost deserted.

After working out, I took the kids out for the day intending only on walking around the mall and picking up a backpack for Kaitlyn. However, by the time I got finished, 8 hours later, they are pretty much finished for school. I kind of consoled myself with the fact that I am returning to work full time in 4 weeks.

I had two snack meals while out shopping. When I got home, I was ready to order a pizza or hit a drive through, but instead Kaitlyn and I grabbed Snack Factory Pretzel Crisps and some Sabra Spinach & Artichoke and Roasted Red Pepper Humus. By telling Sophie and Avery that it was spinach dip, they ate some of it and actually liked it.

The salary offer for the new job came in. I was really disappointed because it is a lot lower than I wanted. We can get by on it and have money left over, but it is not the salary that I had hoped for in order to pay off my car this year and make a dent in my student loans. I am trusting God to see us through and meet our needs.

Today, Michael is taking me out for lunch. After the money I spent on the kids yesterday, I asked him if we were getting happy meals on our budget. He is actually planning to take me to Olive Garden I think which is one of my favorite places. They have a soup and salad weekday lunch special which I am going to get. My husband is a good man. He never blinks when I do things like go shopping or when things get to me. He just accepts it as it is and reassures me that things will get better and we will get through.

This morning, I am heading out with Brad for coffee and an appointment followed by the gym. After my big lunch date, I need to spend some time on the house, read and take care of some bills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving Closer

Since I posted a blog last, my life has taken a step closer to my dreams.  It is amazing how one day things seem so far away then suddenly, things begin to fall into place very quickly. I passed all of my teaching exams and now hold a license in ESE (Special Education, Language Arts and Business/Technology and this month, will add Elementary Education.  I won a state professional development grant from the Department of Education which equals up to $5000 toward my autism training.  I will be finishing my autism endorsement within the next 30-60 days and will add that to my list of licenses.  While I wanted to be finished with my training, I am starting an ESOL endorsement for teaching students whose primary language is not English.  This is a requirement from my district because more than 50% of our student population in this area is ESOL. In February, I accepted a new position as an autistic middle school teacher.  I replaced a teacher that passed away.  I have enjoyed the teachin

Defining Moments

Despite my last week or so of disrupted sleep, on the go eating, missed gym workouts and stress, I have not gained any weight. Not exactly sure how that happened, but hey, I'm relieved. I am definitely coming down with allergies or a cold. I've been feeling it over the last couple of days and this evening, it is definitely clear that I'm getting sick. I blame the erratic last couple of weeks that I have had. Today, Kaitlyn and I got up at 7:00 am to go grocery shopping before Michael needed my car for work. We were racing around between 2 stores to buy everything we needed for the week, having coffee together while we shopped. I love our mother-daughter times together. Our cabinets and refrigerator are now stocked with a lot of healthy options. I had this plan to make dinner tonight, then at the last minute decided to skip cooking and order pizza. A couple of Tylenol and tea while waiting for the delivery guy later, still wasn't feeling that great. I feel kind