Skip to main content

Manic Mondays


I am so very happy.  My schedule has changed, freeing up my morning time.  I now have time to work out in the mornings.  This morning, my husband and I were able to go to the gym together.

I love Mondays.  My husband has Mondays off, which is typically my busiest work day.  He covers laundry, dishes, makes dinner and runs errands for me. Tonight he is roasting chicken and veggies  I feel so blessed and thankful.




My goals this week are to get back into a regular work out schedule.  I have skipped work outs a lot with my old schedule and overtime .  Now that I have the time, I want to re-establish a workout routine.

I also want to get back into using My Fitness Pal to track my meals, instead of just winging it.  I am going to get to bed earlier Monday-Friday .  In addition, I want to ensure that I am regsularly taking my supplements.



I am also looking forward to catching up on my reading.  I have 5 books checked out from the library to read, plus 2 more I picked up over the holidays.  Currently I am starting The Rumor by Elin Hilderbrand. 


I haven't gotten very far into it, but I am enjoying what I have read so far.  This is a new author for me.  I have only read 1 of her prior novels. 

My main focus this week is re-establishing routines, implementing more self care and getting back to reading.  I am appreciating my slowed down pace.  I plan to enjoy more of life this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving Closer

Since I posted a blog last, my life has taken a step closer to my dreams.  It is amazing how one day things seem so far away then suddenly, things begin to fall into place very quickly. I passed all of my teaching exams and now hold a license in ESE (Special Education, Language Arts and Business/Technology and this month, will add Elementary Education.  I won a state professional development grant from the Department of Education which equals up to $5000 toward my autism training.  I will be finishing my autism endorsement within the next 30-60 days and will add that to my list of licenses.  While I wanted to be finished with my training, I am starting an ESOL endorsement for teaching students whose primary language is not English.  This is a requirement from my district because more than 50% of our student population in this area is ESOL. In February, I accepted a new position as an autistic middle school teacher.  I replaced a teacher that passed away.  I have enjoyed the teachin

Defining Moments

Despite my last week or so of disrupted sleep, on the go eating, missed gym workouts and stress, I have not gained any weight. Not exactly sure how that happened, but hey, I'm relieved. I am definitely coming down with allergies or a cold. I've been feeling it over the last couple of days and this evening, it is definitely clear that I'm getting sick. I blame the erratic last couple of weeks that I have had. Today, Kaitlyn and I got up at 7:00 am to go grocery shopping before Michael needed my car for work. We were racing around between 2 stores to buy everything we needed for the week, having coffee together while we shopped. I love our mother-daughter times together. Our cabinets and refrigerator are now stocked with a lot of healthy options. I had this plan to make dinner tonight, then at the last minute decided to skip cooking and order pizza. A couple of Tylenol and tea while waiting for the delivery guy later, still wasn't feeling that great. I feel kind