Skip to main content

Music To My Ears

I had all these goals this week to be more active: hit the gym, tackle more stuff around the house, accomplish more physically.  Then I lifted a laundry hamper and threw my back out.  It is an old auto accident injury that flares up at the most inconvenient times. 

Yesterday, instead of hitting the gym, I finished the evening by walking laps at the mall before they closed when it was quiet.  Then completed my evening with a quick massage.  My back is still really sore today.  Instead of letting it get to me, I am focusing on what I can do.  As long as I am moving forward, I am progressing.  The hubs and I ended up walking laps around the mall again.



My goals for this week are to sign up for more learning opportunities.  I am signing up for technical classes to refresh my experience in Excel and Access. I have also signed up for a nutrition class as well as a wellness class.  I really want to use 2019 as a growth year: mentally, physically, spiritually, in wellness and professionally.


One of the ways I am accomplishing this: I am listening to podcasts and business and lifestyle videos.  I am really focusing on finding mentors and coaches that are successful and tapping into their skills.  Today I am listening to a podcast about creativity.

That is an area that I really feel the need expand my horizons.  My goal for March is to find more creative opportunities.  I love crafts, decorating, color, cooking and painting.  I really love being surrounded by art, culture and music. 

I love ending the day with music.  One of my favorite wind downs is to find meditation music on you tube, light a candle and just spend a few minutes every night to wind down and relax.   Even my dog and my daughter's cats will come curl up and listen with me.

Tonight, as I relax and listen to music, I am thinking of the things I am grateful for.  Our needs for the month have been met.  My husband received a raise and bonus.  The workweek is half more than half over.  I am shifting gears toward winding up the week and making weekend plans.  Life is good.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving Closer

Since I posted a blog last, my life has taken a step closer to my dreams.  It is amazing how one day things seem so far away then suddenly, things begin to fall into place very quickly. I passed all of my teaching exams and now hold a license in ESE (Special Education, Language Arts and Business/Technology and this month, will add Elementary Education.  I won a state professional development grant from the Department of Education which equals up to $5000 toward my autism training.  I will be finishing my autism endorsement within the next 30-60 days and will add that to my list of licenses.  While I wanted to be finished with my training, I am starting an ESOL endorsement for teaching students whose primary language is not English.  This is a requirement from my district because more than 50% of our student population in this area is ESOL. In February, I accepted a new position as an autistic middle school teacher.  I replaced a teacher that passed away.  I have enjoyed the teachin

Defining Moments

Despite my last week or so of disrupted sleep, on the go eating, missed gym workouts and stress, I have not gained any weight. Not exactly sure how that happened, but hey, I'm relieved. I am definitely coming down with allergies or a cold. I've been feeling it over the last couple of days and this evening, it is definitely clear that I'm getting sick. I blame the erratic last couple of weeks that I have had. Today, Kaitlyn and I got up at 7:00 am to go grocery shopping before Michael needed my car for work. We were racing around between 2 stores to buy everything we needed for the week, having coffee together while we shopped. I love our mother-daughter times together. Our cabinets and refrigerator are now stocked with a lot of healthy options. I had this plan to make dinner tonight, then at the last minute decided to skip cooking and order pizza. A couple of Tylenol and tea while waiting for the delivery guy later, still wasn't feeling that great. I feel kind