Skip to main content

Anniversary Week

This past week was such a lighter week workwise, but I was very busy at home.  I usually spend my weekends playing catch up, running errands, working out, taking teens to jobs and running out for coffee and groceries.  This weekend was no exception.



Added to all the normal stuff, I found an error in my pay slip, received a cell phone bill over double what we expected when we upgraded 4 phones this month and one of my teens may have lost his local job.  Things happen.  I am not stressing over it. In the past, this would have been a freak out.  Now, I am learning to deal. I corrected my pay, and I will see it next payday.  I reviewed my phone bill and discovered 4 errors and the phone company corrected it today.

As for my teen, he is going to either hope he still can get back on the schedule or he is going to have to find another job.  That falls on his shoulders to work out.

My youngest daughter and I have posted all of her clothes online finally.  We are using Mercari and FB.  She has already made about $28.  Our goal is to make $100 to replace some of her summer clothes and to buy a ukulele.  We still have over 20 items listed. 3 of the remaining items are party / prom dresses so selling them would help her clear her goal.


My husband and I went to the mall with her Friday night.  She spent the time looking at all the juniors clothes and making a list of things to buy.  Most of the items are modest and some of her choices are so much like the hubs, it is clear to see how much she is like him.  Her favorite picks are a Queen band logo tshirt and a vintage NASA sweatshirt, both from H&M.


This morning, I made coffee and breakfast for the hubs and Sophie.  My husband works so hard for us and it is nice to be able to show him how much he means to me.  I ate way more than I planned, even with sharing scraps with our dog, Gimli, but it was so worth it.



This week is going to be a crazy busy week, but filled with a lot of good things.  Between a busy workweek, having kids home for Spring Break while I am working from my home office, the hubs is working overtime on a work project plus juggling some side gigs for his media company. 

On Tuesday, it is our anniversary.  We are just going to hit the gym together after work.  However, we have a full day planned together for Sunday.  We are going to get coffee, then go check out a different gym branch in the metro, followed by brunch at my favorite place.  We also plan to hit Target, Aldi and Barnes & Noble.  Then, hit a place called Rec Bar which is an arcade and eatery in the city.  I have to be home relatively early because April 1st, I am scheduled for some tests under anesthesia.

I have also committed to volunteer Saturday for the Down Syndrome Association for setting up an awards ceremony.  I am excited about this.  It is so meaningful to me.



I have logged 21 workouts so far this month.  I am hoping to complete 26 by the end of the month.  This week, I want to track my meals, cut out late night snacking and do more strength training.   Sometime between working out, running errands and the awards ceremony,  I am hoping to do my nails at home and get a hair cut.

This week, I feel blessed and thankful.  Anniversary week is going to be a great week.

Check me out at:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving Closer

Since I posted a blog last, my life has taken a step closer to my dreams.  It is amazing how one day things seem so far away then suddenly, things begin to fall into place very quickly. I passed all of my teaching exams and now hold a license in ESE (Special Education, Language Arts and Business/Technology and this month, will add Elementary Education.  I won a state professional development grant from the Department of Education which equals up to $5000 toward my autism training.  I will be finishing my autism endorsement within the next 30-60 days and will add that to my list of licenses.  While I wanted to be finished with my training, I am starting an ESOL endorsement for teaching students whose primary language is not English.  This is a requirement from my district because more than 50% of our student population in this area is ESOL. In February, I accepted a new position as an autistic middle school teacher.  I replaced a teacher that passed away.  I have enjoyed the teachin

Defining Moments

Despite my last week or so of disrupted sleep, on the go eating, missed gym workouts and stress, I have not gained any weight. Not exactly sure how that happened, but hey, I'm relieved. I am definitely coming down with allergies or a cold. I've been feeling it over the last couple of days and this evening, it is definitely clear that I'm getting sick. I blame the erratic last couple of weeks that I have had. Today, Kaitlyn and I got up at 7:00 am to go grocery shopping before Michael needed my car for work. We were racing around between 2 stores to buy everything we needed for the week, having coffee together while we shopped. I love our mother-daughter times together. Our cabinets and refrigerator are now stocked with a lot of healthy options. I had this plan to make dinner tonight, then at the last minute decided to skip cooking and order pizza. A couple of Tylenol and tea while waiting for the delivery guy later, still wasn't feeling that great. I feel kind