Skip to main content

Spring Forward

March is already half way over!  This month has been bouncing back and forth between Winter and Spring.  Today, it is finally warm enough for me to open some windows and let some air circulate through the house.  One of the benefits of living enough in the country.  I have seen robins starting to make an appearance in the yard.  This makes me hopeful that Spring weather should be coming in soon.  




I have been working out this week very consistently.  My back is finally on the mend.  I am happy that I have been able to work out for the most part without pain.  I enjoy going to the gym with the hubs, and I admit, seeing him get all hot and sweaty.  This week my focus has been on consistency.  Getting into a solid routine, focus on cardio, using the hydro bed for sore muscles, incorporating massage.  My focus this week is to track my meals on My Fitness Pal  and incorporate more strength building into my day.  One of my hardest obstacles is that I sit for the majority of my work day.  Because my job is so fast paced, there is rarely any downtime when I am working.  My lunch break is limited to 30 minutes.  There are just not enough moments to sneak in workouts while I am working.  The most I can manage is to stretch and stand occasionally and maybe walk around my desk.  

I've been working on a few side gigs this week.  Managed to get a couple projects posted for my Autism Special Education TPT store.  I want to devote more time to adding additional resources.  My focus this week is to load 3-5 more social or behaviorally focused resources.  

Sophie and I have a side project going on.  She made distinguished honor roll again.  I am really proud of her and her hard work.  She is really putting in the effort to go after something she is passionate about.  There is so much of her dad in her, but every so often, I see glimpses of myself, too.  She wants to pursue music and theater and journalism throughout high school.  She has been teaching herself to play the guitar.  She wants a ukulele for her birthday in May.  She also wants to replace some of her Spring and Summer clothes as she is growing out of everything.

To help her accomplish this, I am working on taking pictures and uploading Sophie's clothing to Mercari.  This is my 1st time posting to this site, so I am learning how to price things and will adjust accordingly.  Check me out: Blissful Butterfly








The week ahead for me is actually shaping up to me a lighter work week for me.  Monday, I have been summoned for jury duty so I get out of the corporate world for a day.  I am not sure if I will be required to stay, but it makes for a change from going to the office.


Tuesday, I had a much planned ahead 1/2 day off to attend another neuro appt as well as the hubs and I have a planned date night at IUS to see Frank Oz, (Yoda, Sesame Street, Muppets).  This is going to be a much needed date night for us.  I am really looking forward to it.  This event is not only much anticipated, but it is a free event, which will fit into our financial goals.  







We have been working on Dave Ramsey's baby steps.  I have changed the way we are budgeting out our bills.  We are greatly reducing our spending and allocating more $ toward paying debt.  I've been meal planning to be more conscious about what we are buying, and hopefully reducing  a lot of waste on throwing out items.  Sophie is a master at refrigerator organization.  Everything is getting paid on time, we have our 1st debt snowball targeted, and we are building up some side hustles and have started our emergency savings.  I still have 2 major expenses to cover: our taxes, then a planned trip to Florida in September when our son gets married.  

This week, I am not able to allocate extra $ toward our debt snowball.  However, I am focusing on building up my side streams. I know that they may not return an immediate windfall, but long term, they will generate some income.  If you have ideas for proven side hustles that work for you, I would love to hear more.  Interested in following me? Check me out at:

twitter:  



Image result for instagram    
blissful_butterfly74

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving Closer

Since I posted a blog last, my life has taken a step closer to my dreams.  It is amazing how one day things seem so far away then suddenly, things begin to fall into place very quickly. I passed all of my teaching exams and now hold a license in ESE (Special Education, Language Arts and Business/Technology and this month, will add Elementary Education.  I won a state professional development grant from the Department of Education which equals up to $5000 toward my autism training.  I will be finishing my autism endorsement within the next 30-60 days and will add that to my list of licenses.  While I wanted to be finished with my training, I am starting an ESOL endorsement for teaching students whose primary language is not English.  This is a requirement from my district because more than 50% of our student population in this area is ESOL. In February, I accepted a new position as an autistic middle school teacher.  I replaced a teacher that passed away.  I have enjoyed the teachin

Defining Moments

Despite my last week or so of disrupted sleep, on the go eating, missed gym workouts and stress, I have not gained any weight. Not exactly sure how that happened, but hey, I'm relieved. I am definitely coming down with allergies or a cold. I've been feeling it over the last couple of days and this evening, it is definitely clear that I'm getting sick. I blame the erratic last couple of weeks that I have had. Today, Kaitlyn and I got up at 7:00 am to go grocery shopping before Michael needed my car for work. We were racing around between 2 stores to buy everything we needed for the week, having coffee together while we shopped. I love our mother-daughter times together. Our cabinets and refrigerator are now stocked with a lot of healthy options. I had this plan to make dinner tonight, then at the last minute decided to skip cooking and order pizza. A couple of Tylenol and tea while waiting for the delivery guy later, still wasn't feeling that great. I feel kind